Problem Areas Treated By Our Windsor Psychologist
As a Registered Clinical Psychologist in Windsor, Dr. Hjertaas has expertise in the assessment and treatment of emotional disorders such as depression, anxiety, and relationship problems.
As a Registered Clinical Neuropsychologist, Dr. Hjertaas also has expertise in brain functioning, brain-behavior relationships, and the assessment and treatment of brain-related disorders (such as traumatic brain injury and conditions with a strong neurophysiological component, such as OCD or higher functioning autism).
Depending on the needs and wishes of the unique person coming for help, Dr. Hjertaas employs a number of different treatment options, including traditional psychotherapy, EMDR, and neurofeedback.
Numerous problem areas can be improved, including:
- Mood disorders (such as depression and bipolar disorder)
- Anxiety disorders (such as social anxiety, excessive worry, panic disorder, or obsessive compulsive disorder)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Personality disorders (which often relate to long-standing, core difficulties in terms of self-perception and relations with others)
- Eating disorders
- Adult ADHD
- Relationship conflicts
- Traumatic brain injury
- Chronic pain and emotional difficulties secondary to physical illness
- Higher functioning autism
To learn more about the problem areas Dr. Trevor Hjertaas handles, please contact our office in Windsor.