Dr. Trevor Hjertaas: Licensed Psychologist in Windsor
Anxious? Depressed? There may be help. Dr. Trevor Hjertaas is a licensed psychologist concerned with providing caring, compassionate therapy to his clients. With over 15 years of experience in both private and public therapy settings, Dr. Hjertaas has worked with patients experiencing a range of emotional distress, including mood disorders, anxiety disorders, and marital difficulties.
Since human beings are complex and experience difficulties that can be troubling, distressing, and frequently painful, Dr. Hjertaas uses an integrative approach to psychotherapy, combining elements of cognitive-behavioral, interpersonal and dynamic theoretical systems.
He is also careful to consider the uniqueness of each patient, using therapeutic methods specifically suited to each. This flexible and adaptive method allows him to help individuals suffering from a wide range of difficulties counter their problems and improve their situations.
Unfortunately, psychological services are not covered under OHIP and individuals wanting this type of help usually must pay for these services themselves. However, many health benefit plans do cover some or all of a registered psychologist’s fees.
The regular 50-minute session fee for psychotherapy is $110. For those unable to pay this rate, a sliding scale is available (lowering the fee to as low as $60, depending on what the person can afford). Payment can be by cash or cheque.
The fee for a session of neurofeedback is somewhat higher due to equipment expenses.
Start Getting Help Now
Dr. Hjertaas is here to help. Contact him today to find out more about how his approach to therapy can help bring peace and balance back to your life.
Professional Associations, Awards & Certifications
- Licensed Psychologist, College of Psychologists of Ontario
- Clinical Psychology and Neuropsychology Competency Holder
- M.A. Counseling Psychology, 1995, Adler School of Professional Psychology, Chicago
- Psy.D Clinical Psychology, 2003, Adler School of Professional Psychology, Chicago
- Post-Masters Certification in Art Therapy, BC School of Art Therapy
- Clinical Neuropsychologist, Windsor Regional Hospital
- FSCO licensed to provide service to those individuals involved in a motor vehicle accident
- Former Assistant Professor of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Department of Psychiatry, University of Western Ontario
Individualized Psychotherapy for Adult Clients